Tape and cord made with Unsintered P.T.F.E. DuPont
Val-Flon is composed of 100% by unsintered PTFE.
Thanks to PTFE DuPont features, Val-flon replaces all types of asbestos and rubber gaskets.
It is perfect as pomp gaskets, transmissions, pressers, or for the thigh of gas liquid containers.
- It resists elevated pressions, has got an elevated thermal stability and doesn’t deteriorate in time;
- Insures a static tightnessperfect on flanges and metal reservoirs, glass, plastic and ceramic;
- Soft and flexible guarantees a perfect tightness on irregular or defective areas;
- It is resistant to all chemical products and solvents, exception for alkaline materials in particular condition (as DuPont literature);
- It is inodorous and tasteless in spite of being a plastic material it doesn’t have got a melt point, the doesn’t melt, but it reaches a gelatinous state of very high stringiness at 327°C.
- It is available with adhesive band to facilitate the assemblage.
Thermal resistance: -200° C e +280° C con punte fino a 315°C;
Pressure resistance: 210 bar;
Chemical resistance: pH 0 – 14;
The operating temperature and pressure limits are not valid simultaneously. Furthermore, they depend on a variety of factors (condition of the joints, sizes torque, thermal or mechanical shocks) and consequently, they can only be given as a guideline. The datas presented in this sheet reflects typical characteristics of the product, be should not be considered as constituting a guarantee.