Sheet made with unsintered P.T.F.E. DuPont
The Val-Fluor is a sheet composed of 100% by expanded unsintered PTFE DuPont.
It is made by a microstructure Multidirectional of PTFE fibers that guarantee an excellent resistance to the deformation with a low slide in cold water.
Suitable combining with breakable materials and with a modest clamping strength, it has not perfect areas.
It doesn’t contaminate the environment, doesn’t harden, is very flexible and compressible.
- It insure a perfect static tightness on flanges and metal reservoirs, glass, plastic and ceramic;
- Soft and flexible It guarantees a perfect tightness on irregular or defective areas;
- It is resistant to all chemical products and solvents, exception for alkaline materials in particular condtion (as DuPont literature);
- It resists to elevated pressures and has a high thermal stability;
- It is inodorous and tasteless in spite of being a plastic material it doesn’t have got melt point, then doesn’t melt, but it reaches a gelatinous state of very high stringiness at 327°C.
Thermal resistance: – 203°C e + 315°C;
Pressure resistance: 210 bar;
Chemical resistance: pH 0 – 14;
Density: 0,85 g/cm³;
Max clamping value: 150N/mm²;
The operating temperature and pressure limits are not valid simultaneously. Furthermore, they depend on a variety of factors (condition of the joints, sizes torque, thermal or mechanical shocks) and consequently, they can only be given as a guideline. The datas presented in this sheet reflects typical characteristics of the product, be should not be considered as constituting a guarantee.
100% PTFE DuPont not sintered;
According to the regulations:
F.D.A. (Food and drug administration)
W.R.C. (Public water supplies approved products)